Fixed-wing aircraft is a flying machine, capable of flight using wings that generate lift caused by the aircraft’s forward airspeed and the shape of the wings.
The UAV present potentiality both precision and efficiency, allowing not only to bring down operating costs with respect to traditional planes or helicopters, but also to intervene in environments where it could not be possible to operate by an aircraft with pilot on board. The modality of flight of the fixed wing UAV in fact are optimized in particular for professionals use of the data and topographic restitution with high quality and precision in three dimensions.
The main advantages:
- Longer flight autonomy: the fixed wing UAV are able to flight for about 45 minutes consecutively, while the multi-copters UAV have normally an autonomy much more limited for 10-15 minutes.
- larger areas covered in less time:the fixed wing UAV allow to survey surfaces up to 10 km2 with a single flight, reaching fast the operating height and keeping high their efficiency
- Quality of the photographic: the quality of the images for the professional and technical use depends strongly on the lighting conditions which obviously con change also during a single flight; the possibility of the fixed wing UAV to survey in a short time and with continuity large areas, allows to keep a better uniformity of the taken images.
- Flight parameters:the fixed wings UAV allow to keep constant and controlled the main parameters which can influence the flight allows to control the accuracy of the shooting.
- Elimination of the noise in the taken images:the fixed wing UAV can flight also without propeller propulsion (as a glider) as the engine is turned down: the possible physical and electromagnetic noises, that can influence the quality of the taken image, are minimized.
- Better aerodynamic performanceand minor influence of environmental conditions: can maintain the flight stability that is necessary to obtain correct photos.
- Higher control of image quality:the fixed wing UAV allow to monitor automatically and in real time the image quality.
- Flight safety:the fixed wing UAV has a lower weight.
- Single shoots:the fixed wing UAV allow to take single photos in predefined positions, making possible in this way to obtain spectacular framing of single objects, buildings or landscapes with high resolution.
It can be used for cartography (particularly in photogrammetric surveys, which are often the basis for topographic maps), land-use planning, archaeology, movie production, environmental studies, power line inspection, surveillance, commercial advertising, conveyancing, and artistic projects.